Saturday, July 25, 2009

Not Quite The Lesson We Were Hoping To Teach




Amy here. I'm the administrator at GADC and this is my first post on the camp blog. This story made me laugh so hard when it happened I thought I'd share it here.

Every afternoon during our assembly time one of our staff takes three to five minutes to speak to the campers. Generally they share a testimony, a story of where God is working in their life or the gospel. This past Friday it was Dena's turn to speak.

Part way through her talk she asked the question, "What does God want us to do with our money?"

A little girl called out, "Give it to the poor!"

And then, in that moment of silence following her sweet answer, a four year old boy piped up, "And steal from the rich!"

I know he's four because he's my son. And we've been reading a lot of Robin Hood lately.

Dena told me later that it took all her power to hold it together for the rest of her talk. The rest of us were not so put-together and laughed loudly at my sweet little boy.
Posted by Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment